The nuclear security regime is well established in Switzerland. That was the finding of an IPPAS team of experts of the International Atomic Energy Authority (IAEA) at the conclusion of their two-week mission.
The Preparatory Committee for the 2020 Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) Review Conference met last week in Geneva. In this context, Switzerland organized an international event in relation to nuclear safety and the peaceful use of nuclear energy.
Hans Wanner, Director General of ENSI: “Axpo has proved that the inclusions found in the steel of the reactor pressure vessel do not have a negative effect on the safety. “
Beznau 1 NPP gets the go-ahead to start up again. Axpo has proved that the inclusions found in the steel of the reactor pressure vessel do not have a negative effect on safety. ENSI, the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate, has reviewed and accepted the safety case.
The experts of the European Nuclear Safety Regulators Group (ENSREG) have joined others in awarding good marks to Switzerland’s nuclear power plants. In their assessment of Switzerland’s National Report for the EU Stress Test, the EU experts conclude that Swiss nuclear power plants meet the international safety requirements in all areas, and Switzerland is even […]
At the 59th General Conference of the IAEA the representatives of the member states held discussions about various topics in the field of nuclear energy. The Swiss delegation with its representatives emphasised the international strengthening of nuclear safety.
POPULAR NEWS ARTICLES
- Switzerland achieves majority in favour of improving the Convention on Nuclear Safety
- “We shall make every possible effort to ensure that nuclear power plants throughout the world become safer”
- ENSI is also focusing on safety culture
- ENSI has a new mission statement
- ENSI follows WENRA recommendation on review of reactor pressure vessels
- Switzerland submits its National Report to the Convention on Nuclear Safety at the IAEA
- Convention on Nuclear Safety ensures high global safety standards in nuclear power plants