Switzerland has submitted an application for an IPPAS mission to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). This should take place in the middle of 2018 and aims at strengthening Switzerland’s nuclear security.
During a joint project-workshop, members of the international BIOPROTA Forum and members of the IAEA MODARIA II Working Group 6 discussed methods for biosphere modelling within the context of deep geological repositories. The workshop took place from 10 – 12 May 2017 at the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate (ENSI) in Brugg.
In future, the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate, ENSI, will be able to calculate the amount of heat dissipated from transport and storage containers by means of a new independent calculation tool. This has emerged from ENSI’s 2016 Research and Experience Report.
Nuclear power plants in Switzerland are to take part in a Europe-wide peer review on ageing management this year. ENSI, the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate, has decided that Swiss plants should participate in the EU Topical Peer Review.
The experts of the European Nuclear Safety Regulators Group (ENSREG) have joined others in awarding good marks to Switzerland’s nuclear power plants. In their assessment of Switzerland’s National Report for the EU Stress Test, the EU experts conclude that Swiss nuclear power plants meet the international safety requirements in all areas, and Switzerland is even […]
At the 59th General Conference of the IAEA the representatives of the member states held discussions about various topics in the field of nuclear energy. The Swiss delegation with its representatives emphasised the international strengthening of nuclear safety.
POPULAR NEWS ARTICLES
- Switzerland achieves majority in favour of improving the Convention on Nuclear Safety
- “We shall make every possible effort to ensure that nuclear power plants throughout the world become safer”
- ENSI is also focusing on safety culture
- ENSI has a new mission statement
- ENSI follows WENRA recommendation on review of reactor pressure vessels
- Switzerland submits its National Report to the Convention on Nuclear Safety at the IAEA
- Convention on Nuclear Safety ensures high global safety standards in nuclear power plants