Two new members have joined the Expert Group on Deep Geological Repositories (EGT). With effect from 1 January 2018, the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate, ENSI, is delighted to announce the appointment of Horst Geckeis and Neil Mancktelow as new members. Alan Geoffrey Milnes has stepped down from the EGT due to retirement.
The executive board of the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate (ENSI) has named Tamara Garny as new Director of the Resources Division. The 43 year old will take up her new position on 1 June 2018. She succeeds to Jean-Claude Veyre, who is now responsible for Quality Management at ENSI.
At the end of 2017, all EU countries as well as Switzerland submitted their national assessment reports on the subject of ageing management to the European Nuclear Safety Regulator Group, ENSREG. Until the end of February, ENSREG is giving all interested parties the opportunity to submit questions on the reports.
The general conditions for systematic ageing management are fulfilled in Switzerland. This enables the timely detection of any age related degradation, and initiation of suitable counter measures.
The experts of the European Nuclear Safety Regulators Group (ENSREG) have joined others in awarding good marks to Switzerland’s nuclear power plants. In their assessment of Switzerland’s National Report for the EU Stress Test, the EU experts conclude that Swiss nuclear power plants meet the international safety requirements in all areas, and Switzerland is even […]
At the 59th General Conference of the IAEA the representatives of the member states held discussions about various topics in the field of nuclear energy. The Swiss delegation with its representatives emphasised the international strengthening of nuclear safety.
POPULAR NEWS ARTICLES
- Switzerland achieves majority in favour of improving the Convention on Nuclear Safety
- “We shall make every possible effort to ensure that nuclear power plants throughout the world become safer”
- ENSI is also focusing on safety culture
- ENSI has a new mission statement
- ENSI follows WENRA recommendation on review of reactor pressure vessels
- Switzerland submits its National Report to the Convention on Nuclear Safety at the IAEA
- Convention on Nuclear Safety ensures high global safety standards in nuclear power plants