At the 62nd General Conference of the IAEA in Vienna, Switzerland last week committed itself to the strengthening of nuclear safety and security at the global level. ENSI also participated in bilateral discussions with international partners on the imortant topics of safety culture, emergency preparedness and the international security of nuclear installations and materials.
Three years ago, as a result of the accident in Fukushima, the international community set a marker for the continuous improvement of nuclear safety with the issuing of the Vienna Declaration. The task now is the joint implementation of this commitment.
Swiss nuclear power plants have an adequate level of protection against a deliberate plane crash. This is confirmed by an update of the associated analyses ordered by the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate (ENSI) in 2013. For security reasons, the details are being kept under wraps.
The nuclear security regime is well established in Switzerland. That was the finding of an IPPAS team of experts of the International Atomic Energy Authority (IAEA) at the conclusion of their two-week mission.
The experts of the European Nuclear Safety Regulators Group (ENSREG) have joined others in awarding good marks to Switzerland’s nuclear power plants. In their assessment of Switzerland’s National Report for the EU Stress Test, the EU experts conclude that Swiss nuclear power plants meet the international safety requirements in all areas, and Switzerland is even […]
At the 59th General Conference of the IAEA the representatives of the member states held discussions about various topics in the field of nuclear energy. The Swiss delegation with its representatives emphasised the international strengthening of nuclear safety.
POPULAR NEWS ARTICLES
- Switzerland achieves majority in favour of improving the Convention on Nuclear Safety
- “We shall make every possible effort to ensure that nuclear power plants throughout the world become safer”
- ENSI is also focusing on safety culture
- ENSI has a new mission statement
- ENSI follows WENRA recommendation on review of reactor pressure vessels
- Switzerland submits its National Report to the Convention on Nuclear Safety at the IAEA
- Convention on Nuclear Safety ensures high global safety standards in nuclear power plants