The Federal Council has appointed Monica Duca Widmer as the new Vice Chair of the ENSI Board. She succeeds Jürg Schmid, who is retiring at the end of 2017 after six years as Vice Chair of the strategic supervisory body. Jürg Schmid became a member of the ENSI Board in 2008.
A few days ago, Leibstadt Nuclear Power Plant (KKL) informed the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate (ENSI) that some fuel elements do not fulfil the requirements of the applicable specifications. Accordingly, KKL decided to replace them for safety reasons. The safety of man and the environment was ensured at all times.
A delegation from the Slovenian supervisory authority SNSA visited the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate (ENSI) from 6 to 10 November 2017. The information exchange focussed on regulatory requirements and practical implementation of ageing monitoring procedures in the mechanical, electrical and structural engineering fields.
The steam generators at Beznau and Gösgen do not deviate from the design requirements in terms of their carbon content. This is the result of a review of the manufacturing documents. The structural integrity of the steam generators’ individual components is ensured by a large margin.
The experts of the European Nuclear Safety Regulators Group (ENSREG) have joined others in awarding good marks to Switzerland’s nuclear power plants. In their assessment of Switzerland’s National Report for the EU Stress Test, the EU experts conclude that Swiss nuclear power plants meet the international safety requirements in all areas, and Switzerland is even […]
At the 59th General Conference of the IAEA the representatives of the member states held discussions about various topics in the field of nuclear energy. The Swiss delegation with its representatives emphasised the international strengthening of nuclear safety.
POPULAR NEWS ARTICLES
- Switzerland achieves majority in favour of improving the Convention on Nuclear Safety
- “We shall make every possible effort to ensure that nuclear power plants throughout the world become safer”
- ENSI is also focusing on safety culture
- ENSI has a new mission statement
- ENSI follows WENRA recommendation on review of reactor pressure vessels
- Switzerland submits its National Report to the Convention on Nuclear Safety at the IAEA
- Convention on Nuclear Safety ensures high global safety standards in nuclear power plants