In future, there are to be no further contradictions between neighbouring countries with regard to emergency measures in the immediate aftermath of serious nuclear accidents. Europe’s two most important bodies for nuclear oversight and radiation protection have developed the so-called HERCA-WENRA Approach in order to bring about harmonisation.
On Monday morning, members of the US Nuclear Waste Technical Review Board (US NWTRB) visited the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate (ENSI) in Brugg. During their visit, they were particularly interested in the Swiss procedure as part of the Sectoral Plan for Deep Geological Repositories (SGT).
The existing Director of the Waste Management Division, Michael Wieser, is leaving the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate (ENSI) in search of a new professional challenge. The ENSI Board has therefore appointed a selection committee to find his successor.
The Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate ENSI has set out new requirements for assessing seismic hazards in Swiss nuclear power plants in the light of the latest scientific findings.
The experts of the European Nuclear Safety Regulators Group (ENSREG) have joined others in awarding good marks to Switzerland’s nuclear power plants. In their assessment of Switzerland’s National Report for the EU Stress Test, the EU experts conclude that Swiss nuclear power plants meet the international safety requirements in all areas, and Switzerland is even […]
At the 59th General Conference of the IAEA the representatives of the member states held discussions about various topics in the field of nuclear energy. The Swiss delegation with its representatives emphasised the international strengthening of nuclear safety.
POPULAR NEWS ARTICLES
- Switzerland achieves majority in favour of improving the Convention on Nuclear Safety
- “We shall make every possible effort to ensure that nuclear power plants throughout the world become safer”
- ENSI is also focusing on safety culture
- ENSI has a new mission statement
- ENSI follows WENRA recommendation on review of reactor pressure vessels
- Switzerland submits its National Report to the Convention on Nuclear Safety at the IAEA
- Convention on Nuclear Safety ensures high global safety standards in nuclear power plants