Yesterday Japanese disposal experts visited the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate (ENSI). They hope to benefit from Swiss experience in handling nuclear waste. Keita Yamamoto, from the Japanese Radioactive Waste Management Funding and Research Center, RWMC, stated during the visit that their “visit to Switzerland is aimed at a detailed analysis of Swiss deep repository […]
The ENSI Board mourns Karine Rausis. She passed away at the beginning of January 2016. Karine Rausis had been a member of the independent supervisory body of the nuclear supervisory authority ENSI since the beginning of 2014.
The Federal Council confirmed the current ENSI Board members for the 2016 to 2019 term and appointed Monica Duca Widmer as a new member to the board. She will succeed Hans Pfeiffer, who is retiring from the board at the end of 2015.
Axpo submitted today a project plan (road map) to ENSI, the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate, outlining procedures for the characterisation and evaluation of the indications in the base material of the Beznau 1 reactor pressure vessel. ENSI will review this plan in collaboration with a group of international experts.
The experts of the European Nuclear Safety Regulators Group (ENSREG) have joined others in awarding good marks to Switzerland’s nuclear power plants. In their assessment of Switzerland’s National Report for the EU Stress Test, the EU experts conclude that Swiss nuclear power plants meet the international safety requirements in all areas, and Switzerland is even […]
At the 59th General Conference of the IAEA the representatives of the member states held discussions about various topics in the field of nuclear energy. The Swiss delegation with its representatives emphasised the international strengthening of nuclear safety.
POPULAR NEWS ARTICLES
- Switzerland achieves majority in favour of improving the Convention on Nuclear Safety
- “We shall make every possible effort to ensure that nuclear power plants throughout the world become safer”
- ENSI is also focusing on safety culture
- ENSI has a new mission statement
- ENSI follows WENRA recommendation on review of reactor pressure vessels
- Switzerland submits its National Report to the Convention on Nuclear Safety at the IAEA
- Convention on Nuclear Safety ensures high global safety standards in nuclear power plants