Hans Wanner, Director General of the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate, ENSI, and Chairman of the Western European Nuclear Regulators’ Association, WENRA, accompanied Swiss President Johann Schneider-Ammann on his trip to Iran over the weekend. As part of the scientific delegation, he met with Naser Rastkah, Head of the Iran Nuclear Regulatory Authority, INRA.
Once again the Expert Group on Nuclear Waste Disposal EGT is complete. The Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate ENSI was able to win Fritz Schlunegger as the successor to Annette Johnson. Fritz Schlunegger has already been a member of the EGT.
Yesterday Japanese disposal experts visited the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate (ENSI). They hope to benefit from Swiss experience in handling nuclear waste. Keita Yamamoto, from the Japanese Radioactive Waste Management Funding and Research Center, RWMC, stated during the visit that their “visit to Switzerland is aimed at a detailed analysis of Swiss deep repository […]
The ENSI Board mourns Karine Rausis. She passed away at the beginning of January 2016. Karine Rausis had been a member of the independent supervisory body of the nuclear supervisory authority ENSI since the beginning of 2014.
The experts of the European Nuclear Safety Regulators Group (ENSREG) have joined others in awarding good marks to Switzerland’s nuclear power plants. In their assessment of Switzerland’s National Report for the EU Stress Test, the EU experts conclude that Swiss nuclear power plants meet the international safety requirements in all areas, and Switzerland is even […]
At the 59th General Conference of the IAEA the representatives of the member states held discussions about various topics in the field of nuclear energy. The Swiss delegation with its representatives emphasised the international strengthening of nuclear safety.
POPULAR NEWS ARTICLES
- Switzerland achieves majority in favour of improving the Convention on Nuclear Safety
- “We shall make every possible effort to ensure that nuclear power plants throughout the world become safer”
- ENSI is also focusing on safety culture
- ENSI has a new mission statement
- ENSI follows WENRA recommendation on review of reactor pressure vessels
- Switzerland submits its National Report to the Convention on Nuclear Safety at the IAEA
- Convention on Nuclear Safety ensures high global safety standards in nuclear power plants