Leibstadt NPP can restart power operation after an extended annual overhaul. The Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate has checked the clarification of the causes and measures derived from it for the avoidance of critical boiling conditions or dryouts. Safe operation without risk to humankind or the environment is ensured.
From 01 April 2017, the ENSI Board will once again comprise seven members. The Federal Council appointed Martin A. Zimmermann as the successor to Karine Rausis. The 65-year old has more than 30 years experience in the nuclear reactor research field.
Alongside safety in its narrowest sense, safety culture also includes the security of nuclear installations together with other aspects that are important for ensuring nuclear safety. This is demonstrated by the revised second edition of the Oversight Report on the safety culture in nuclear installations of the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate (ENSI).
ENSI has issued Leibstadt NPP approval to restart subject to conditions. In an interview Ralph Schulz, Director of the Safety Analyses Division, shares some background insights.
The experts of the European Nuclear Safety Regulators Group (ENSREG) have joined others in awarding good marks to Switzerland’s nuclear power plants. In their assessment of Switzerland’s National Report for the EU Stress Test, the EU experts conclude that Swiss nuclear power plants meet the international safety requirements in all areas, and Switzerland is even […]
At the 59th General Conference of the IAEA the representatives of the member states held discussions about various topics in the field of nuclear energy. The Swiss delegation with its representatives emphasised the international strengthening of nuclear safety.
POPULAR NEWS ARTICLES
- Switzerland achieves majority in favour of improving the Convention on Nuclear Safety
- “We shall make every possible effort to ensure that nuclear power plants throughout the world become safer”
- ENSI is also focusing on safety culture
- ENSI has a new mission statement
- ENSI follows WENRA recommendation on review of reactor pressure vessels
- Switzerland submits its National Report to the Convention on Nuclear Safety at the IAEA
- Convention on Nuclear Safety ensures high global safety standards in nuclear power plants