The Federal Council has appointed Martin Zimmermann as the new Vice Chair of the ENSI Board with effect from 1 September 2019. Prof Andreas Abegg has also been appointed to the ENSI Board.
On 28 August 2019, the ENSI Board elected Marc Kenzelmann as the new Director General of the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate ENSI. He will take office on 1 July 2020. The current Deputy Director of the Swiss Federal Office of Energy SFOE will succeed Hans Wanner.
Switzerland implements the requirements of the Convention on Nuclear Safety (CNS). This emerges from the 8th National Report to the CNS, submitted this week by the Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate (ENSI) to the International Atomic Energy Agency IAEA.
The Swiss Federal Nuclear Safety Inspectorate assessed the earthquake safety of the Beznau nuclear power plant in accordance with the legal requirements. The Swiss Federal Administrative Court has thus rejected an appeal lodged by 15 individuals.
The experts of the European Nuclear Safety Regulators Group (ENSREG) have joined others in awarding good marks to Switzerland’s nuclear power plants. In their assessment of Switzerland’s National Report for the EU Stress Test, the EU experts conclude that Swiss nuclear power plants meet the international safety requirements in all areas, and Switzerland is even […]
At the 59th General Conference of the IAEA the representatives of the member states held discussions about various topics in the field of nuclear energy. The Swiss delegation with its representatives emphasised the international strengthening of nuclear safety.
- Series of articles on barriers 6/6: The containment holds radioactive substances in the reactor building
- Series of articles on barriers 5/6: The water circuit (primary circuit part 2 of 2)
- Series of articles on barriers 4/6: The reactor pressure vessel (primary circuit part 1 of 2)
- Series of articles on barriers 3/6: The fuel rod cladding tubes (fuel assemblies part 2 of 2)
- Series of articles on barriers 2/6: The nuclear fuel matrix (fuel assemblies part 1 of 2)
- Series of articles on barriers 1/6: Barriers protect people and the environment from radioactive substances